I imagine you’re thinking that you aren’t a public speaker or the CEO of a firm so being an exceptional presenter isn’t a necessary skill for you.
But, that couldn’t be any further from the truth. Big presenters talking to a room full of people is actually the vast minority.
What if you are speaking to your boss, new hires or colleagues? What if you are asked to speak at a luncheon, provide mentorship or represent your team, your company or…your IDEA?
Have you ever heard of “shooting the messenger”? Well, poor presentation skills helps them to pull the trigger!
The Wall Street Journal tells us that recruiters site Communication and Interpersonal skills as being the number one attribute at 89% for new hires. Number two…ability to work well within a team.
If you cannot present yourself, your services and your ideas to others you’re sunk and destined to float in the minutia.
- Commit to learning how to become a great presenter.
- Either video yourself or begin to study videos of others.
- Find which formula for a killer presentation works best for you.
- Be yourself, have fun and decide to become the presenter that everyone is dying to utilize.
- Don’t EVER be in a position where someone else gets to present your idea or vision simply because they are a better presenter than you. Exceptional presenters with a passionate purpose are always amongst the best presenters in the world!
I’d love to hear what you’ve experienced when you delivered a killer presentation…and maybe a time when you believe your average presentation hurt your message or your business.